I’m on a break from the publishing biz, but I want to stay in touch with friends and readers. Please follow me here for updates. Peace!
Ah, 2021. Not a good year, but better than 2020. I see that I didn’t write a “best of” last year…or the year before, apparently. 2019 was super busy for me as I finished night school and worked as an intern by day. 2020 brought my second year of teaching, if the internship counts as a first. I don’t think I’m alone in saying it was the worst and hardest year of my life. I started writing again during the initial shutdowns, when everyone actually stayed home. The work in progress is over 50k. I may finish it this summer, but I don’t have any specific writing plans beyond that.
Reading has treated me exceptionally well this year, offering a much-needed respite. Not-writing has been great for my reading time, and insomnia (my old friend) adds a few hours here and there. Audio has been a godsend to tired eyes and busy lives. I walk and listen daily. Here are some of my favorites of 2021.
- Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
- Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
- After Sundown by Linda Howard
- Blind Tiger by Sandra Brown
- Sweetest Scoundrel by Elizabeth Hoyt
Historical with romance elements
- Meet Me in Bombay by Jenny Ashcroft
- The Invitation by Lucy Foley
- Billy Summers by Stephen King
- Little Secrets by Jennifer Hiller
- One by One by Ruth Ware
- These Silent Woods by Kimi Cunningham Grant
- The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner
I still write reviews – very short ones – on Goodreads if you’d like to keep up with me there.
Here’s to better and brighter things in 2022! I mean, we can hope, right?